Radium - 11.5" stylish modern wooden wall clock, a piece of wall art by ardeola
This clock was inspired by radioactivity - hence the name. The central core (the raw wood dial) symbolizes the atom that emits the particles all over the space.
- Raw material: the selection of the raw material was based on the principle to keep the natural appearance of the wood as much as possible - therefore plywood was used for it bears the wood grains still strong and thin enough.
Owing to this naturalness small changes in color and pattern may occur compared to the images attached.
- Manufacturing process: the central dial and the spikes of this particular clock are laser cut from a 6mm birch plywood board, after polishing the spikes are hand painted with 3 different shades of red, then distributed evenly and clamped manually on the dial. The central dial is untreated. Owing to the manual distribution process none of these clocks are identical.
- The movement: is silent (non-ticking), second hand sweeps around. It runs with 1pc. AA type 1.5V battery (not included in the package). Basic hands are made of white plastic.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The 'Radium' product family is available in 2 different dial layouts (uniform / different spike lengths) and consists of the following models:
- Radium: 3 shades of red / orange
- Radium II: 3 shades of blue / teal
- Radium II purple: 3 shades of purple
- Shockhead: 3 shades of gold
Feel free to request custom color schemes made just for you - contact us before placing the order.
The 'Radium' models require at least 3 shades for the spikes in order to reach the organic look. Custom colors cost no extra fee.
This clock is made to order, usual handling time is ~1 week. Once ready it ships with FedEx, shipping takes ~2-5 days to the USA.